CWBS was formed through prayer and discernment in 1999 to address the need for in-depth Catholic scripture study. This program is a response to the Holy Father’s call to a New Evangelization.
Three basic elements emerged that would prove to be the bedrock of the program:
One - Group Discussion
- Builds relationships
- Promotes spiritual growth
- Encourages participation and fosters community
- Provides prayer support
Two - Lecture
- Promotes deeper understanding of the truth of Scripture
- Deepens one's personal relationship with God
- Fosters growth in holiness
Three - Praise & Worship
- Corporate and personal worship are deepened
- Encourages daily Mass attendance and Eucharistic Adoration
This program has changed many lives by deepening faith, increasing understanding of God’s word, and unifying the community.
The four goals of evangelism, catechesis, formation, and discipleship fostered by the Study have yielded amazing fruit in our local area, leading to the spreading of CWBS well beyond the boundaries of our home diocese of Lexington, Kentucky.